Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Crawfish Fleur De Lis

 Some years ago while eating boiled crawfish I sketched one in the shape of a fleur de lis. It took a while before I had time to transfer it from napkin to paper. To be sure I had the shape correct I also placed in in front of a fleur de lis too. Then I made a graphic design of just the crawfish to use on t-shirts and gifts. I posted them for sale on the web. After a few friends saw it they liked the sketch I did with the crawfish on the fleur de lis better so I re did the graphic design with both crawfish and the fleur de lis. It did look better that way. So initially the design was just to be sure the crawfish proportions matched a fleur de lis but evolved into the final design. I see that the design must be well accepted as now all over I have discovered that some have duplicated it. They place a crawfish in front of a fleur de lis. I wonder if they realize when I did it it was purely to get the proportions correct not the original design idea. And I wonder how so many people could have creatively come up with that same design idea? I did shrimp too, and alligators but for some reason the crawfish fleur de lis is the one so many have duplicated. I still think my original creative idea is the best one but maybe because I came up with it and did not duplicate something I saw somewhere else. See the original crawfish fleur de lis in my shop on the web, link below:


Fleur De Lis Crawfish tile
Fleur De Lis Crawfish by figstreetstudio


More of my crawfish designs at the Cafe press shop- http://www.cafepress.com/figstreetstudio/5384714







Fleur De Craw Too Apron (dark)

View larger

Fleur De Craw Too Apron (dark)

$22.99
Qty:   
Availability: In Stock.
Product Number: 030-509472504
Product Information
Spice up conversations in the kitchen or around the BBQ with this tasty-looking apron (made of high-quality cotton twill, it's rugged and wears great too). Ideal for cooking, baking, grilling or bartending, it's perfect for foodies of all sizes. Simply slip the apron over your head and pull the waist-level drawstring to tighten it around your neck and waist. Two generous pockets hold utensils and more.
  • 31" long & 29" wide
  • 100% heavy cotton twill
  • Machine washable

No comments: