Monday, May 21, 2012

The Stealth Wedding: Saying 'I do' in a Public Space - SmartMoney.com

The Stealth Wedding: Saying 'I do' in a Public Space - SmartMoney.com





"Smart Money" magazine recently interviewed me about weddings in public spots. Something I have done since 1992. Some suggest you just show up but if you do without knowing if they allow it you may be chased off by security guards. As I do them I know the many places in New Orleans that allow them pretty parks, alley, streets, and places along the river. Although they talked to me a long time the article simply digests what I and others said. It is helpful to those who want to elope to a public spot. Some suggestions.
1. As your Officiant first- they know where the safe spots are.
2. Not too large a crowd. keep is small, simple, fast.
3. No loud noise, maybe a violin but big bands may be an issue.
4. Have a plan "B" in case you have bad weather or get chased off.

No comments: