Saturday, June 02, 2012

Symbols of New Orleans: Cathedral and Banana Trees

http://www.zazzle.com/cathedral_and_banana_trees_ art print




In all my New Orleans art I try to use the every day symbols of my city. Like this Cathedral and Banana Trees print I use the Water Meter Cover, Steam Boats, Oysters, Crawfish, and other images unique to New Orleans. I have been told several times my New Orleans art captures the feel and soul of my home town. Living here over 60 years has impressed me with a feel for what is unique in New Orleans.


Oysters and Satsumas Fauvist Still Life Tiles
Oysters and Satsumas Fauvist Still Life Tiles by figstreetstudio


Oysters and Satsumas are things we find in New Orleans in the fall. I need to do more combinations like this one. I love both of these Louisiana products.

No comments: